Product Support Engineer
Implementation engineer & technical specialist working with strategic clients of AppOne
Company – Appnomic Systems
Location – Bangalore
Status – Full Time, Employee
Job Category – Customer Support
Relevant Work Experience – 3 to 6 Years Plus
Career Level – Mid-Level
Education Level – Engineering
Reports to – Product Support Manager
As a Product Support Engineer you will be responsible for
- Developing a deep understanding of Appnomic products
- Supporting our customers and partners using our products
- Provides L-1 / L-2 technical support and monitors day to day Customer incidents reported in form of Tickets and Emails.
- Strives to meet availability and Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR) objectives.
- Monitors all incidents/issues until the application services return to normalcy.
- Troubleshooting technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments
- Reproducing customer issues and if necessary file bug reports, escalate cases to engineering, and provide necessary documentation
- Assists the Field Team with deployment of new releases and sustaining technology for internal and external customers.
- Responds to Incident, telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for support in a timely and courteous manner.
- Provides initial triage of problems impacting our monitoring ability of the Clients Infrastructure and determine problem source and provides resolution if possible.
- Creating support tools and building a knowledge base of product issues
- Providing clear & constructive product feedback to Product Management / Solutions teams based on customer requirements
- Documenting best practices in troubleshooting / supporting Appnomic solutions
- You will be goaled on Customer Satisfaction, SLA achievement against targets, gross margin targets
- Providing documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Appnomic users
- 3+ years of experience in customer-facing positions as a product support specialist
- Exposure to 1 or more of the following business domains (Must have managed a client in any of the domains listed below, in the career history): BFSI / Ecommerce / Manufacturing
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to understand Application architecture and associated business / IT Operations workflows.
- Good Exposure to workflow automation tool(s). At least must have worked as a user to a Service Desk / workflow / Monitoring tools / Runbook automation tool (CA / BMC / HP / IBM /JIRA / etc)
- Should have worked on troubleshooting application issue tickets and providing RCA to user within SLA time
- Should have performed the activities related to health check of applications and uptime Reports Should have performed activities to resolve incidents and service requests, or escalate as per escalation matrix
- Good Exposure to scripting / Programming / Tool Customization
- Understanding of IT Operations (IT Infrastructure and Application operations)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Strong ITIL skills
- Strong exposure to business applications running on multiple platforms of Unix & Windows
- Expertise in working on various versions of Linux, Unix (AIX, HPUX, Solaris) and Windows operating systems.
- Moderate software development or scripting/programming / RDBMS experience and knowledge
- Must be able to work in a fast paced technical environment and support a product with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Superior written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Should have good exposure to product support domain.
- Ability to understand the Application Performance behavior.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of technologies including:
- Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, MSSQL, DB2
- Ability to write quires in MySQL to perform multiple operations to pull data from multiple tables, back up, restore.
- Preferable: Install, Uninstall and maintenance of the database.
- Application/Web Servers
- Apache, Oracle/IBM HTTP Servers, Tomcat, IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, Resin, JBoss etc.
- Understanding on the overview of the Application
- Preferable: Install, Uninstall and maintenance of the applications.
- Awareness of network protocols such as TCP/IP, WINS, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, etc.
- Local (LAN) and Wide Area networks (WAN)
- Basic Knowledge on Network concepts like Switches / Routers / Firewalls / VPN’s.